There are two types of operations:
- The Search operations:
- Each individual full-text search counts as an operation. If you implement a search-as-you-type experience, each keystroke represents one operation
- If you decide to batch queries, say for instance you want to query 2 indices at a time, it will use 2 operations
- For disjunctive faceting, the number of operations equals 1 + the number of refined disjunctive facets (because we're performing additional queries to display the associated facet counts)
- The Indexing operations:
- Each add, update or delete of an object or part of an object counts for 1 operation
- If you chose to batch you indexing calls, each object modified will be counted as a single operation
In terms of pricing, we count the number of operations performed every month. If you hit the limit of your plan, we'll charge you a fee for the extra operations you've performed, based on the over-quota pricing of your current plan.
Please sign in to leave a comment.