To provide the best relevance, Algolia uses all the information available. Some of the information is given directly by the user (search keywords, filters applied...), but you can also provide some business information to help us rank the results.
- a raw value like the number of views, the number of sales, or the timestamp of a date
- a calculated value that you computed on your side like a popularity_score or a profile_completeness_score
- a 'human value', for example if you want to manually decide which products are featured, you could have an attribute "featured" that defaults to false and can be manually set to true.
- we only look at the second attribute if there is an equality of values in the first attribute
- we only look at the third attribute if there is an equality of values in the first and the second attribute