Yes, records are not expected to go beyond 10KB of minified JSON. You'll get the
Record is too big error if you try to index a record bigger than the limit.
- Our pricing is based on it
- In most cases, having bigger objects is a sign that you’re not using Algolia at its full capacity:
- Having very big chunks of text is usually bad for relevance, because most objects end-up having a lot of similar words, and they will match with a lot of irrelevant queries.
- It’s often better to de-duplicate big objects into several smaller ones
- It increases latency: big objects with a lot of unnecessary information take a long time to be uploaded/downloaded